Cabinessence is the official soundtrack of Easily Mused, Spotify playlists chock full of infectious and stimulating tunes from many places and times. It's outsider music, hidden gems, buried treasures, and hits you remember! And it's absolutely free, a labor of love from a lifelong music lover. Simply go to the Cabinessence page on Facebook, click "like" and you're all set! Stay attuned...

March 18, 2009

Up Periscope!

Easily Mused started as a songwriting blog, a place to showcase my musical wares, a few years ago. I have been studying the craft of music for over 20 years. For many years, my obligations hindered my efforts to pursue songwriting as a full-time career. It was only two years ago, after having written about a thousand songs, that I felt accomplished enough to share my compositions. I taught myself how to use recording software, plugged in my mic and got to work. I got a lot of good feedback from an online songwriting forum and I had some moderate success with a few of my songs on soundclick.com. Unfortunately, my work was again stalled due to a major life event, in this case, separation from my wife. I returned to my home and job ( as a dueling piano player) in Raleigh almost a year ago. Since that time, I have not recorded a note of music. Soon that will change. I intend to resume recording demos in the very near future, and I am hoping this blog will be a good place to disseminate this work and attract notice. I have no desire to be a celebrity or become a kazillionaire from my music. I write songs because I am a songwriter. I have things to say and I love songcraft. I love melodies and harmonies and interesting chords and chord progressions. I want to write songs as good as the songs written by my musical heroes, people like Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, Andy Partridge, Randy Newman, and Harry Nilsson, to name just a few. There will still be comics here, but I am about to broaden the scope of this blog. I want to make it more personal. I want to include more stuff about music, movies, and social issues. In short, I want this blog to be a record of what goes on inside of my mind, what influences my art, what inspires me as I move through this world. I might even write a song for you. Who knows? Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment