Cabinessence is the official soundtrack of Easily Mused, Spotify playlists chock full of infectious and stimulating tunes from many places and times. It's outsider music, hidden gems, buried treasures, and hits you remember! And it's absolutely free, a labor of love from a lifelong music lover. Simply go to the Cabinessence page on Facebook, click "like" and you're all set! Stay attuned...
May 8, 2010
And the winner is...
Me! I am the newest lucky recipient of the fabled Kreativ Blogger Award, courtesy of Jacque Nodell at Sequential Crush. Needless to say, this is a pretty major event in my life, since the last award I won was at a county fair Spelling Bee twenty years ago. Thanks a bunch, Jacque!
According to the rules, I am sworn to do the following:
* You must thank the person who has given you the award.
* Copy the award logo and place it on your blog.
* Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
* Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
* Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
* Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
* Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated
* Sell all your worldly belongings, shave your head, and swear total allegiance to the all-powerful Lettuce God, Icebergeron.
While I'm warming up the razor, here are 7 things:
1. I taught myself to play piano when I was 15, and now playing piano is what I do for a living.
2. Before I landed my job at the piano bar, I worked as a route salesman for Coca-Cola.
3. I met my girlfriend Heather online due to the fact we had a mutual love for The Kinks. She prefers Face to Face while I choose Village Green.
4. The first comic book I ever remember buying was New Adventures of Superboy #8. On the cover, Superboy is getting slapped by his Mom at the funeral of his alter ego Clark Kent.
5. I recently began watching the original Dark Shadows, and I'm hooked, so now I have to admit that there is one soap opera that I like. Okay, Eastenders isn't bad either.
6. I'm working on my first book, a greatly expanded version of Easily Mused's most-viewed post, Why Chicks Cry.
7. I just tried the cereal Quisp for the first time. I like it. It's like Cap'n Crunch, without the searing mouth pain.
And now, my seven picks to receive the Kreativ Blogger Award:
1. Thom Buchanan, for Whirled of Kelly
2. Sam Henderson, for The Magic Whistle
3. Steve Thompson, for Hooray For Wally Wood!
4. Paul Tumey, for Cole's Comics
5. Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. for Thrilling Days of Yesteryear
6. Jon Knutson, for Random Acts of Geekery
7. Harry Lee Green, for Hairy Green Eyeball 2
These lucky chaps will be personally notified of their nominations very soon.
Thanks again, Jacque!