Cabinessence is the official soundtrack of Easily Mused, Spotify playlists chock full of infectious and stimulating tunes from many places and times. It's outsider music, hidden gems, buried treasures, and hits you remember! And it's absolutely free, a labor of love from a lifelong music lover. Simply go to the Cabinessence page on Facebook, click "like" and you're all set! Stay attuned...

January 4, 2017

The Revenant

Well, I did it. I made it through 2016. Whew.

Heather and I were beset by so many crises, minor and major, in 2016 that it is hard to keep track of them all. After eight years of mostly uninterrupted harmony and contentment, I suppose we were due for a storm, although the karmic winning streak had lulled us into a sense of false security. Therefore, we were woefully unprepared for the many challenges we were called upon to face.

We faced a trial by fire, and we won. With courage and reason and patience, we worked our way through every disaster, and emerged with greater levels of gratitude, humility, and joy. We are survivors, and Holmes and Rahe can kiss our asses.

Now I'm itching to get back to creative pursuits. I have several writing ideas I want to flesh out. There are  old songs to be recorded. New songs to be written.

Easily Mused is my main interface with the world-at-large. Whether I'm sharing a comic scan, an original song, or just my thoughts, I feel like it's ultimately the forum that best attracts the kind of people with whom I feel the greatest kinship, people who share my interests in a multitude of creative endeavors. Comments make me all tingly inside and are very much encouraged and appreciated.

It becomes increasingly clear to me that what the world is facing is essentially a war between good and evil, between creation and destruction. I am here to represent creation, specifically the good works of man. From my perspective, the cartoons that Sergio Aragones draws in the margins of Mad Magazine are infinitely more valuable to the advancement of the human race than all the wars humanity has participated in combined.

A lot has happened in the world since I last posted. You know what those events were. My reaction? Mostly "Bleccchhh."

However, I'm still inspired by the wonder of it all. Still "easily 'mused" by God's sunrises and McCartney's melodies. Still a fan of Kelly's possum and Toth's black spaces. Still a time travelling hunter and gatherer. Still seeking truth and finding it indelibly stamped on canvases and screens.

Are we copacetic? Follow this blog. Let's take the journey together, celebrating creativity, choosing optimism over despair.

We are survivors, and Holmes and Rahe can kiss our asses.

Stay attuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment