Cabinessence is the official soundtrack of Easily Mused, Spotify playlists chock full of infectious and stimulating tunes from many places and times. It's outsider music, hidden gems, buried treasures, and hits you remember! And it's absolutely free, a labor of love from a lifelong music lover. Simply go to the Cabinessence page on Facebook, click "like" and you're all set! Stay attuned...

November 21, 2009

Lifting Safely


Since I had to miss work tonight due to a back injury, I'd like to take a minute to remind you to always lift boxes safely. As a collector of pop culture stuff and one-time route salesman, I am an old pro at lifting things safely. This time, however, the bottom of the fairly heavy box I was trying to lift collapsed and my knee-jerk reaction was to twist my body in a very uncool way in a vain attempt to keep the contents from said box from spilling all over the bedroom floor. It's not a major injury, and I'll soon recover, but with the holidays approaching I thought I'd shoot a word to the wise. Now if I could only get that creepy "Mr. Bucket" jingle out of my head...no, evil and forgotten 80's toy, I will not "put my balls" in your mouth!

1 comment:

  1. Lift boxes and books!
    I'm a librarian and I know about not lifting properly.
    Or being near someone whos not lifting properly and getting konked on the head with Stephen Kings "The Stand."
    Ouch - that hurts on so many levels.

    Love your blog - espically the one about elmer fudd's brother.
    Huh - the things you learn. :D

    'ta,
    - Jen

    ReplyDelete