Cabinessence is the official soundtrack of Easily Mused, Spotify playlists chock full of infectious and stimulating tunes from many places and times. It's outsider music, hidden gems, buried treasures, and hits you remember! And it's absolutely free, a labor of love from a lifelong music lover. Simply go to the Cabinessence page on Facebook, click "like" and you're all set! Stay attuned...

September 7, 2009

At Easily Mused, Comics Are King!


I apologize profusely for the paucity of posts lately here at EM. For some time, this blog has been for me a laboratory of sorts, and I have enjoyed and benefited greatly from the creative atmosphere. My ultimate dream is to write songs for a living, but during a self-imposed hiatus from that calling, a hiatus that has lasted more than a year, I have channeled a lot of my creative energies here.

I have been overjoyed to cross paths and make connections, no matter how tenuous, with like-minded folks who share my passion for comics and their creators, and I have felt both flattered and humbled when something I worked on, such as my article "Why Chicks Cry" , received attention and kudos. Heck, just seeing Easily Mused on the blogrolls of blogs that I follow gives me a great feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. Thank you, all!

Lately I have been thinking very much of what direction the blog should take. At times, I have strongly favored expanding the scope of the blog to cover all things pop culture related. I am, after all, just as big a fan of music, movies, and television, as I am of comics.

However, it occurs to me that the blogs I like the most are the ones that focus on particular subjects. I desire to avoid being a "jack of all trades, master of none." Or, as a wise man once sang, "You can't please everyone, so you gotta please yourself." There are rare masters like Mark Evanier who can cover a wealth of subjects with great skill and finesse, but I am not anywhere close to that level, at least not yet.

Therefore, I have decided that , from now on ( or at least until I change my mind), Easily Mused will be a comics-only site! MY muse feels that is the correct course to take, and I NEVER question my muse. I have also decided to adhere to the following disciplines:

1. I will strive to make this blog a place that encourages interactivity with the reader. Any comments are more than welcome, ditto for suggestions or requests.
2. I will make a special effort to post daily, because I know what a disappointing feeling can arise from visiting a favorite blog that is NOT being updated frequently. If I am out of town or sick or something, I will let you know.
3. I will favor conciseness in the scan posts. I would rather post 4 six-pagers a day, for example, than 1 twenty-pager. Eclecticism!
4. Credit always where credit is due.
5. I will post a lot more links to comics-related articles and sites that I find interesting and share-worthy. No blog is an island.
6. The twin goals of Easily Mused posts are to shine lights on talented creators, characters, and concepts (famous and not-so-famous) and to
have a great deal of fun along the way! I want comics fans to leave Easily Mused with smiles on their faces, anticipating their next visit with eager enthusiasm, the same way I used to feel as a kid racing into the Main Street Drugstore on Wednesdays to savor the newest spinner rack treasures.
7. Health care for all!!! Oh wait, wrong list.
8. I grow tired of the discipline listing process.

That's all for the moment. B&B seeing you, true believers!

No comments:

Post a Comment