Cabinessence is the official soundtrack of Easily Mused, Spotify playlists chock full of infectious and stimulating tunes from many places and times. It's outsider music, hidden gems, buried treasures, and hits you remember! And it's absolutely free, a labor of love from a lifelong music lover. Simply go to the Cabinessence page on Facebook, click "like" and you're all set! Stay attuned...

March 12, 2009

Kaspar, The Dead Baby

From Crazy #8 (Dec. 1974), a parody of Casper The Friendly Ghost that disturbed (and amused) me greatly when I was a 7 year old. Thanks a lot, Marv Wolfman and Marie Severin!








7 comments:

  1. This was THE most memorable thing from CRAZY in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CRAZY was way funnier than MAD or CRACKED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I read this in Crazy, but my experience in seeing it had to be later, possibly in a best-of re-issue, though still in the 70's. I think this satire of Casper may be my earliest remembered scarred-for-life moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you, now I know why my mom took this away from me when I was a kid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I mostly just remembered the title and Mom being mad.

      Delete
  5. Winner of Best Humor Story at the 1974 Academy of Comic Book Arts Awards. Thanks for posting so I didn't have to track down a copy of Crazy #8.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't know that this was Marv Wolfman's earliest Marvel pieces before creating Blade.

    ReplyDelete