Cabinessence is the official soundtrack of Easily Mused, Spotify playlists chock full of infectious and stimulating tunes from many places and times. It's outsider music, hidden gems, buried treasures, and hits you remember! And it's absolutely free, a labor of love from a lifelong music lover. Simply go to the Cabinessence page on Facebook, click "like" and you're all set! Stay attuned...

June 18, 2009

Beany And Cecil's Babysitting Service

If there's anything I like better than a whimsical old Beany And Cecil story, it's one that features not only a hammer banging infant, but also Dishonest John in drag. This comic is from Dell's Beany And Cecil #2 (November 1962). Nyah-ah-ah! By the way, I would REALLY love it if someone could identify the artist.















3 comments:

  1. I'm hesitant to say it, but they sure look like Chuck Jones's work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 55 years old and used to love watching the Beanie and Cecil cartoons on TV here in Australia when I was a little boy. TV here was in black and white in those days, but I still enjoyed seeing each story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An unusual B&C story - it has almost no puns! ^o^

    ReplyDelete